Your shopping cart is empty.
For the best site experience, please use Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox or another modern web browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
5 Tips for Staying Healthy this Flu Season
Posted in Health & Safety,
Avoiding the Flu
Believe it or not, flu season is here. Flu shot clinics are popping up, doctor’s offices are pushing hand washing and schools are sending notes home with symptoms to look out for.
While it seems early, there are things you can do now to help prevent the flu from taking you or your family down.
1. Clean contact points
Regularly wipe down frequently-touched surfaces, such as door knobs, light switches, faucets and remote controls in your home and office to help prevent the spread of germs.
2. Properly Disinfect
Disinfectants can be effective, but only if used properly. Be sure to follow the instructions on your household cleaner for maximum effectiveness.
3. Be Mindful of Shared Items:
- Wash shared items, like blankets, at least weekly, and more often if someone is sick.
- Don’t share hand or bath towels and avoid contact with others’ toothbrushes.
4. Wash Your Cleaning Supplies
Ensure cleaning cloths and sponges are cleaned to avoid further spreading germs.
5. Personal Hygiene
- Keep tissues handy in commonly used rooms
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid others who may be ill
If you do contract the flu this year, be sure to clean these items afterward:
- Bedding and blankets
- Stuffed animals and toys
- Frequently touched surfaces
- Electronic devices
Stay healthy out there!
How to Prevent Germs from Spreading This Cold and Flu Season. Retrieved from https://www.merrymaids.com/blog/seasonal-cleaning/house-cleaning-tips-to-not-spread-germs/
Lifford, J. 10 Things to Clean After the Flu. Retrieved from https://www.cleanandscentsible.com/10-things-to-clean-after-the-flu/