Your shopping cart is empty.
For the best site experience, please use Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox or another modern web browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
An Inside Look at the Certified Pre-Owned Equipment Reconditioning Process
Posted in Cleaning Solutions,  Sustainability,
Many stores, warehouse facilities, schools and municipalities try to do more than less — and that’s especially true when it comes to cleaning and maintaining their facilities. In that struggle to balance priorities against budget priorities, tasks like floor cleaning might get short end of the stick. But what stakeholders often fail to realize is that clean floor surfaces don’t just look good; they can also be safer, improve sales, and reduce wear and tear on your facilities. And your staff need the right tools to accomplish those goals.
With Certified Pre-Owned Equipment for Tennant Company, you can bring the cleaning power of a robotic floor scrubber, mechanized mop, or other equipment to your facility — for up to 60% less than the price of a brand-new machine. Find out how options ranging from warrantied, fully refurbished equipment to as-is equipment can make a floor cleaning machine purchase more attainable for your organization.
A Step-By-Step Guide to the Reconditioning Process
All pre-owned equipment receives a comprehensive inspection and overhaul before it is listed for resale. Here’s a look at what the reconditioning process entails:
- Thorough Cleaning: When a pre-owned machine arrives at our facility for reconditioning, it is thoroughly cleaned — inside and out.
- Computer-Aided Diagnostic Testing: Next, our technicians perform a series of computer-aided diagnostic tests. This process helps identify both cosmetic damage to the machine’s exterior and functional damage to internal parts. Machines are categorized into one of three tiers at the completion of diagnostic tests.
- Inspect Complex Components: Technicians then inspect complex components such as vacuum fans, brush motors, trans axels and more. All replacement parts are guaranteed to be TennantTrue® parts.
- Functional Testing: Once equipment has been inspected and repaired, it’s ready to be put through functional testing. In this process, technicians assess propulsion, brush down pressure, solution flow, water pickup, and other technical aspects.
- Final Inspection and Cleaning: Before a piece of equipment is listed for sale, technicians perform a final inspection and clean the machine — inside and out — one last time.
Watch the Reconditioning Process in Action
Tiers to Meet Every Need
We know that floor cleaning machines are not a one-size-fits-all solution — and that holds true for price as well. That’s why we offer three tiers of pre-owned equipment that balance model year, operating hours and price point.
- Tennant Certified Pre-Owned Equipment: Tennant Certified Pre-Owned Equipment is the gold standard for bringing the quality and technological innovation of a Tennant Company floor scrubber or sweeper to your organization — at a price point that’s 20-40% less than the cost a brand-new machine. This tier features recent model years with low operating hours. Tennant Certified Pre-Owned Equipment is also accompanied by a comprehensive warranty, including up to 9 months for parts and up to 90 days for labor.
- Tennant Used Equipment: Used equipment is fully serviced prior to resale and minor cosmetic issues are addressed. Models are typically slightly older and with higher operating hours. This tier includes a 30-day parts warranty—and a price point that’s 40-60% less than a new machine.
- As-Is Equipment: As-is used equipment sales give your organization all of the function and cleaning power of Tennant Company equipment for a fraction of the cost of new equipment. While there’s no warranty included, all as-is equipment is thoroughly inspected for safety and fully functional. As-is equipment usually comes to second-hand owners with higher use hours or slight cosmetic issues (i.e., scratches or corrosion) and older models.
No matter what tier your organization chooses from, know that you’re getting authentic, fully functional Tennant Company equipment fitted with TennantTrue® parts.
Addressing Short-Term Floor Cleaning Needs
Does your store’s floor cleaning needs get out of hand during the rainy or snowy season, but remain manageable with the staff and equipment you have otherwise? Or perhaps your organization needs additional scrubbing power to keep floors safe and clean while staying open during construction? No matter the nature of your need, it can be addressed through flexible short-term rental options.
Take the Next Step Toward Cleaner Floors
Ready to take the next step on your organization’s journey to purchasing a reconditioned floor cleaning machine? See what’s available for scrubbers, sweepers and dual-purpose machines.
Ready to take your cleaning to the next level?
Whether you are requesting a product demonstration or a quote, ordering parts, or making a service appointment, you've come to the right place. Tennant professional representatives are ready with answers to your questions, and we look forward to showing you how much we appreciate your business.