Your shopping cart is empty.
For the best site experience, please use Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox or another modern web browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Soft Floor and Carpet Maintenance Best Practices
February 05, 2018 8:05 AM by Tennant Company
Posted in Best Practices,
Soft Floor / Carpet Cleaning Best Practices
The maintenance of soft flooring options like carpet requires a reasonable and methodical schedule using a variety of cleaning techniques.
In the 5th chapter of our Retail Guide to Shine eBook, we share the D.I.R.T. methodology for soft floor cleaning and carpet care.
Daily Carpet Care
- Frequency: every day
- Result: clean daily dirt from high traffic areas
- Action: vacuum
- Equipment: vacuum cleaner
Interim Cleaning Solutions
- Frequency: 1-6 months
- Result: remove dirt with limited disruption
- Action: interim carpet cleaning, preferably with a rapid-drying system
- Equipment: carpet cleaner equipped with a rapid-drying technology
Restorative Carpet Care
- Frequency: 6-12 months or more
- Result: deep cleaning
- Action: extraction
- Equipment: carpet cleaner suitable for deep extraction
Treatment of Spots
- Frequency: immediately as needed
- Action: spot treatment
- Equipment: portable spot cleaner / extractor
By creating and sticking to a cleaning routine that balances wear and tear against cleanliness, you can keep your soft floor coverings looking fresh and new for years.
Download Our Retail Guide to Shine
Download our Retail Guide to Shine eBook to read more about employing best practices for soft floor care.