Your shopping cart is empty.
When George Tennant founded a sawmill on the banks of the Mississippi River in 1870, he couldn't have imagined the impact his company would make on the world. At the time, Tennant's sawmill made wooden planks for the construction of homes and businesses in the booming city of Minneapolis.
Now, 150 years later, Tennant Company has grown into an innovative manufacturer of floor care equipment, focused on making the world a cleaner, safer, healthier place.
With manufacturing sites on four continents, direct sales operations in 15 countries and distributors in more than 100 countries, Tennant Company provides ground-breaking products to improve floor-cleaning processes across myriad industries.
But Tennant's focus on community has never wavered. That's why our employees have launched various service projects in recognition of our sesquicentennial anniversary.
$150K for 150 Years Stewardship Challenge
Tennant's stewardship challenge called "$150K for 150 Years" has reached 80 percent of its goal since its launch at the beginning of 2020. Despite being faced with challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees have made donations of money, goods and time to charities of their choice.
Individual or team activities have included neighborhood clean-up efforts, walking or running to raise money for a cause, donating to food and supply drives and partnering with organizations to conduct community improvement projects.
*Please note that in-person activities took place before the COVID-19 pandemic started to spread, and later team activities were designed to accommodate health & safety precautions.
Food drives have supported food security efforts in the following locations:
- Sydney, Australia (Foodbank)
- Holland, Mich. (Community Action House)
- Aguascalientes, Mexico (Local community)
- Villepinte, France (RESTOS du Coeur)
- Eden Prairie, Minn. (The Food Group, Feeding America, YWCA Supply Drive)
- Louisville, Ken. (Dare to Care)
Other employee-led "$150K for 150 Years" efforts have included:
- Tennant Coatings employees, customers and their families packed boxes of food for Three Square, an organization that provides nutritional support to food-insecure families in southern Nevada. Sixty-four participants at the Coatings Leaders Conference in Las Vegas took time out of their busy conference schedule give back to the community. The Tennant Foundation also made a generous donation to Three Square.
- Tennant UK raised £315 for Kidney Research UK.
- Tennant's Holland, Mich. site held a Give and Golf Food Drive for Community Action House, whose mission is to provide families and individuals food, clothing, shelter and opportunities to build skills to achieve a stable and prosperous life. The team donated 1,129 food items to Community Action House.
- Some 150 Tennant employees and retirees in Golden Valley, Minn., participated in a Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack. Together with volunteers from Boston Scientific and Target, our team packed 92,448 meals in 428 boxes which will feed 253 kids for a year!
- Team members in Aguascalientes, Mexico partnered with BIFAM, an organization that provides one meal per day to children at Jesus Maria, Aguascalientes. Volunteers cleaned up the organization's facilities using Tennant equipment, including the S3 and i-mop.
- The Aguascalientes team also prepared delicious tortas for the IMSS #1 clinic in Aguascalientes. Employees shopped and prepared the food in Tennant’s kitchen, then surprised patients’ families with a complete meal while they waited for medical care.
- The Los Guerreros team organized a breast and cervical cancer conference. A nurse shared important information about these topics with employees who attended. The entrance tickets were donated food items. The team donated all the food items to “Agosto Team” that is working locally to help the people in need during the COVID-19 crisis.
At Tennant Company, we take care of the neighborhoods where we work, live, and play – that’s part of making the world a cleaner, safer, healthier place, and part of our 150-year strong legacy. Thanks to all our employees for celebrating our 150th Anniversary through stewardship!
A New Corporate Headquarters
Tennant Company also moved its headquarters to a new location as part of our 150th-anniversary celebration. Our corporate headquarters had been located in Golden Valley, Minnesota since 1957, but the recent move to Eden Prairie allows for further growth and innovation.
Consider that Tennant Company had annual revenue of $4.6 million and employed 277 people in 1957. Our annual sales in 2018 were $1.1 billion, and we had 4,341 employees. Roughly 1,200 worked at the Golden Valley campus, which is comprised of seven buildings, including our largest manufacturing facility and an innovation center that creates future technology products.
Over the past five years, Tennant has added 1,100 employees and seen revenue growth of 36 percent. That growth has put space at the Golden Valley campus at a premium. By moving 500 employees to Eden Prairie, more offices and collaborative meeting spaces are available to plant managers and innovation teams.
The new state-of-the-art corporate headquarters is located about 12 miles south of the Golden Valley campus.
As we celebrate this remarkable anniversary, Tennant Company employees have truly embodied the spirit of our company, both through the global stewardship challenge and by continuing to work every day to move the company forward. And, our new corporate headquarters will foster continued growth and technical innovation. Because at Tennant Company, we are proud to build on our legacy to create an even cleaner, safer, healthier world over the next 150 years.